VIVALDI Talks: discover our key topics through short video interviews to our partners
The "VIVALDI Talks" is a series of 5 short videos in which our consortium's experts discuss the key topics related to the VIVALDI project and the long-term sustainability of bio-based industries.
1. In the first episode, Geert Bruggeman, Head of R&D at Nutrition Sciences, and Simone Bachleitner, Postdoctoral Scientist at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU), discuss the potential, bottlenecks, market penetration, and the latest research trends for CO2-based bioplastics.
2. In the second episode, Mira Sulonen, Researcher at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, and Joan Colón Jordà, Scientific coordinator at BETA Technological Center, discuss the environmental benefits of bioelectrochemical nutrient recovery from industrial wastewater, its applications and limitations, and opportunities for industrial symbiosis.
3. In the third episode, Aleksander Siuda, Project Director at Bioagra, and Ulrika Rova, Professor at the Luleå University of Technology, talk about the importance of mitigating industrial CO2 emissions, the possibility for companies to recycle these emissions and the technical and economical challenges of doing so.
4. In the fourth episode, Eduard Borràs, Principal Researcher at Leitat Technological Center, and Annelie Jongerius, Technology Manager at Avantium, discuss the importance of collaboration among academia, research organisations, and industrial R&D to build the future CO2-based industry.
5. In the fifth episode, Deepak Pant, Senior Scientist at VITO, and Paniz Izadi, Scientific Researcher at Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), discuss the benefits of Electrochemical CO2 reduction, its benefits compared with other CCU techniques, research trends in this field, challenges with microbial biosynthesis integration and scaling-up at industrial scale.
All the video interviews can be found here.